posted Oct 7, 2012, 9:02 PM by Rhonda Schlosser
updated Oct 27, 2014, 7:34 PM by Laurie Becker
- Writers Workshop: Please bring journal home and journal on ideas, or seed thoughts
every day. BECAUSE, next week (Tuesday Oct 9), I want students to narrow down to one
idea that we will be working on using the 6 traits and edits and
revisions for the rest of the month of October. Questions? Call or email me!
- World History: Students are working in teams researching
about the Silk Road. Many of them have come to class with information
they have gotten through work at home with you. NEXT WEEK (Tuesday Oct 9), the teams will
write a final paragraph (or 2) in class and we will be converting them
through Wordle into a 'Word Cloud' that we will then compare with each other.
- IF you want: help them learn more and answer the questions they
came up with: Deeper questions may be;
- How were the Mongols
instrumental in the Silk Road time period?
- How was China instrumental?
- Was the Great Wall a part of the Silk Road time period?
- Who traded what?
- Why did it stop
- What trade goods, ideas, religions, or cultural elements
continued to be traded after the 'Silk Road' died down?
- The more they research and takes notes on their own at home and
bring to class, the better their in class collaborative written work can