posted May 4, 2013, 11:08 PM by Rhonda Schlosser
updated Oct 27, 2014, 7:34 PM by Laurie Becker
- Last week the students completed the CST testing. Thanks
to everyone for supporting your children with this State Assessment.
Your students seemed relaxed and confident that they did the best that they
could. We could ask for nothing more.
- There are a few that still need to complete some of their
tests. I have contacted the families who do still need another day or
two. Make-up test days are this coming Monday and Wednesday with me at
the annex at Fall Creek.
- The students are coming along with the YEARBOOK, choosing and
editing their photos, and importing their paragraphs of themselves and
about our yearly events.
Now that testing is done, our class time will return to normal.
REMEMBER: NO CLASS ON:
- TUESDAY, May 7.
We will continue with our PRESENTATIONS: Ruby, Chloe, Jimmy and Jon
are signed up to present. If they are not ready, please email me so we
- WRITING: I will move forward with the next phase of our
argumentative writing, talking about refining the first draft. I will
share examples and we'll be discussing Word Choice and Sentence
Fluency. Their next phase will be rewriting their drafts looking at the
these two writing traits
- HOW YOU CAN HELP: If you have them share their drafts with me
through Google Docs, I can review them before Tuesday and be more ready
to take each student to their next step. OR, please review their draft
with them and help them determine their next steps in a revision.
- SCIENCE: Wade will continue with his last unit with them on Oceanography.
- THURSDAY MAY 9, AS WE WILL BE LEAVING BRIGHT AND EARLY FRIDAY MORNING.
- TUESDAY, MAY 14, AS WE WILL BE RETURNING IN THE EVENING OF MONDAY, MAY 13.
CLASS WILL RESUME THURSDAY, MAY 16, with more presentations, First Aid / CPR, and work on our Yearbook.
PLEASE LOOK FOR ANOTHER EMAIL WITH THE FINAL UPDATE ABOUT OUR CAMPING TRIP.